Due to the coronavirus pandemic, A Level,AS Level and GCSE exams were cancelled this year. Grades for exams were awarded by teachers after a thorough moderation and quality assurance process by the school before going through national standardisation by the exam boards.
Despite all the uncertainties, pupils at Wembley High continue to do exceptionally well and today will be celebrating our best ever results. Although exams were not sat, these results are the culmination of years of hard work over many years and are thoroughly well deserved. Below are some of the highlights.
- 48% of exams were awarded A* / A grades, including a record 75 A*s
- 78% of exams were awarded A* - B grades
- 96% of exams were awarded A* - C grades (up from 89% last year)
- The overall pass rate remains at 100%
- 48 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 11 pupils who achieved 3A* grades.
These excellent grades have allowed our pupils to gain admission into the most prestigious universities. Over the next few weeks, almost 60% will be starting courses at Russell Group Universities, 5 pupils will begin courses in medicine and 2 pupils will be taking up their places at Oxford and Cambridge.
- 66% of exams were awarded A - B grades
- 87% of exams were awarded A* - C grades (up from 77% last year)
- The overall pass rate has risen to 100%
- 53 pupils achieved at least 3 A grades and particular congratulations to the 35 pupils who achieved 4 A grades.
- 61% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 7 (up from 52% last year).
- 90% of exams were awarded grades 9 - 5 while the overall pass rate (grade 4 and higher) has risen to 95%.
- 94% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 4 in English and maths.
- 86% of pupils achieved grades 9 – 5 in English and maths.
- 127 pupils (59%) achieved 5 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- 67 pupils (31%) achieved 10 (or more!) 9 - 7 grades.
- Particular congratulations to the 10 pupils who achieved 10 (or more!) grade 9s.
Many congratulations to all pupils on another year of fantastic results, and thank you to all staff and parents for all their hard work and support through these incredibly challenging times.